This week, the province of Ontario made headline news in the world of e-signatures. An amendment to the Ontario Electronic Commerce Act (ECA) came into effect on July 1, 2015, making it legal to electronically sign the Agreement of Purchase and Sale. With more than 200,000 real estate transactions closed across the province in 2014, […]
Whether you call it digitization, the paperless office, or going green, there’s a growing interest for organizations to reduce paper, manual effort and cost in their core business processes. According to the CSIO, an estimated 30 billion paper documents are copied or printed annually in the United States for signature. When factoring in the cost […]
No organization wants security scars. That’s why IT and Information Security departments generally do extensive due diligence on their cloud hosting and software providers to protect against data breaches, data loss, malware, viruses, phishing and other security threats. To help defend your organization, we’ve compiled an e-signature security checklist specifically for evaluating e-signature services. This checklist […]
So far, I have covered simple examples of using the e-SignLive UI and Java SDK. I will now continue on with a couple simple blogs showing the use of the e-SignLive .NET SDK. This blog will cover creating and sending a document package. If you do not have a Sandbox account, see my first blog […]
In The Cloud Security Ecosystem: Technical, Legal, Business and Management Issues, authors Ryan Ko and Raymond Choo write, “The concern of vendor lock-in is often described as the ‘Hotel California’ syndrome. You can check in but you can never leave.” Vendor lock-in happens when you’re dependent on a vendor for products and services, and are […]
In the December 2014 e-signature report from Forrester Research entitled E-Signatures – A Few Simple Best Practices Drive Adoption, analyst Craig Le Clair gives examples of how e-signature adoption is moving beyond financial services. One of the use cases he mentions is the distribution of narcotics and controlled substances through the pharmaceutical supply chain: “Signing off on […]
Last time, I showed how to set up a Java project within Eclipse to allow you to create and send a package using the e-SignLive Java SDK. This week, I will cover some things you can do after sending the package, like: Checking the package/signing status Downloading the e-signed documents Downloading the evidence summary I […]
When regulated companies undergo a compliance audit, they are often asked to prove the exact business process they followed. This applies to both customer-facing transactions and internal controls. As part of this, auditors also look for a record of every time key documents were touched, when and by whom. Whether you are a pharmaceutical company […]
Smartphones and tablets have become ubiquitous in today’s society. Gartner predicts that by 2018, more than 50 percent of users will use a mobile tablet or smartphone first for all online activities. According to Gartner, “Users are adopting smartphones as their exclusive mobile devices while in developed economies, multi-device households are becoming the norm, with tablets […]
My first couple blogs covered creating, sending, signing, archiving, and viewing the evidence summary of an e-SignLive Document Package, using the UI. With that complete, it’s now time to step into the APIs. My main language of use over the past 7+ years and from school was Java, so I will start with the Java […]
Get our articles directly to your inbox daily.
- Birthday Cards: Top E-Signature Use Case According to Customer Survey April 1, 2015
- Future-Proof Electronic Evidence April 19, 2013
- Mobile Derived Credentials for Government E-Signatures May 20, 2014
- Rise of the Electronic Signature: Will Growth in Mobile Payments Result in More Demand for E-Signatures? June 18, 2014
- e-Sign for Government – Solutions for the Mobile Government Worker July 21, 2014
- E-Signatures Legal on Ontario Real Estate Documents July 3, 2015
- Accelerate the Contracting Process with E-signatures July 2, 2015
- The Ultimate E-Signature Security Checklist July 1, 2015
- e-SignLive for New Users: How to Create and Send Your First Package (.NET SDK) June 30, 2015
- Hotel California Syndrome: How to Avoid Vendor Lock-in June 26, 2015
- TheCitizen: That is very helpful, thank you for the post...
- elaine kelly: HI i love your blog thanks for sharing with us...
- Lauren: Love these tips! Great idea to test the support nu...
- Daniel Honigman: Congrats again on Silanis' standing in the report...
- Pete Rivenburg: I am amazed by the time it is taking this industry...